7AM Series Thermal Switch - 7AM207 Thermal Protector
The 7AM thermal protector is the world leader for protection in lighting applications. Offering extremely high reliability and performance at an economical cost, the 7AM protector is ideal for fluorescent lighting ballasts, HID ballasts, recessed lighting fixtures, and other lighting products that require protection against overheating.
In order to achieve optimum heat transfer from the protected medium or ambient to the thermostat, the 7AM Thermal Protector has been designed with the case connected to the bimetallic disc.
Current flows through your lead connection into the can crimp terminal, through the can member, bimetal disc, and mating contacts. The current completes its path by exiting through the plate member and the integral plate crimp terminal to your lead connection.
As the temperature rises, the heat is transferred to the bimetal disc. The disc then snaps open at the factory-calibrated opening temperature, thus breaking the current path.
The bimetal disc snaps closed when the reset temperature level is achieved.
Applications: PC boards, Battery Packs, Battery chargers, Permanent Split capcitor motors, Shaded Pole Motors, HID ballasts, Florescent lighting ballasts/transformers, Vacuum cleaners, Recessed lighting fixtures, Automotive accessory motors/solenoids ect.
- 7AM Series Thermal Protector for Lighting, electrical, thermal, battery, motor protection
- Individually temperature checked on modern, custom-designed equipment
- Positive make and break with snap–action disc
- Repeatable temperature performance over life
- Gasketed steel case suitable for most impregnation processes
- Current and temperature sensitivity for maximum design flexibility and application
- Wide selection of leads and insulating sleeves
Customized Thermal Protector :
1. Customized lead wire: Customized wire material, length and color according to customer needs
2. Customized metal shell: Customize different material shells according to customer needs, including plastic shells, iron shells, stainless steel shells, and other metal shells.
3. Customized heat shrinkable sleeve: Customize different high temperature resistant polyester heat shrinkable sleeves according to customer needs